Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Liked These...

Because of lots of stuff going on a la casa del Sanna, I didn't find the time to finish my next Christmas romance. But I thought, I could give you an update with those books, which I really, reall liked during last year's challenge. If you are looking for a good Christmas read, you might wanna check out these:

1) A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh. It's a historical, which I usually do not like too much, but this one was extraordinary good.

2) Santa, Honey by Kate Angell, Sandra Hill and Joy Nash. It's an anthology, which starts pretty strong with Kate Angell's novella about a star player from her Richmond Rogues series. Then it gets pretty average, but it's still worth reading, IMO.

3) The Bite Before Christmas by Heidi Betts. Yeah, well. About that one. It's three novellas, which are kind of a mini series. Vampires and all. I liked it a lot, it was by far the best Vampire Christmas romance, I have read. I have heard other opinions, but for me it was a good read.

4) Yule Be Mine by Lori Foster. In contrast to most readers, I am not a fan of Lori Foster. Usually her books just don't work for me. This anthology of four novellas is pretty strong though. I would even go that far and say it was the best Christmas anthology I've ever read. And I have read a lot! Great stories, strong characters, very christmassy and wonderful narration. Perfect!

5) Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas. *sigh* The first book in the Friday Harbor series (book 2 is coming soon!) and I loved it. Again, I heard people complain, but for me her contemporary voice works pretty good. I am not into her historicals, though. Yeah, I know. Shame on me. But you should read this one. It's lovely.

And isn't it a shame, that I have read something like 25 Christmas romances last year and these were the only keepers? Huh, what does that say?

No comments:

Post a Comment